There are many reasons why car accidents happen. 90% of all car accidents usually happen because of the way one of the drivers behaves. One of the most common reasons for car accidents is speeding . If you have been hit by a speeding car driver or been involved in a car crash in which speeding was thought to be an important factor, then you may be able to claim damages.Read More
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident in Pittsburgh? Don’t delay in contacting us so we can start building a case as your Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer.
In Pittsburgh, car accidents cause devastating injuries to careful drivers every day. For many, their lives will change. If you’ve been hurt by a reckless driver and you don’t know how you will manage to pay the bills, we can help. We will launch a thorough investigation into your case to find supporting evidence, to come up with a figure of what your injuries will cost you over the long term and then aggressively pursue potential sources of compensation for you.
Your car accident injury could be the result of:
A drunk driver
A hit-and-run driver
A driver who was distracted
A driver who was violating traffic rules, such as the speed limit
A defective auto part or vehicle
Whatever the case, you’ll need the help of a resourceful Pittsburgh car accident lawyer who can identify what types of compensation you should pursue. Injuries caused in a car accident can have long-lasting effects and involve a healing process that takes time.
You are owed compensation for the medical expenses you will have to pay as your treatment continues, not just the bills you have already faced, such as the cost of the visit to an emergency room. Another factor to consider is how much time you will miss at work, which means lost wages or even the loss of income indefinitely if your injury involves a disability that prevents you from working.
Unfortunately, you cannot trust that the insurance company will have your best interests in mind. Insurance providers will want to settle quickly and will attempt to do so for as little money as possible. Their calculations might not leave you well cared for. Don’t accept the first settlement you are offered. Talk to a lawyer instead who can look out for your interests and protect your legal rights.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN I CLAIM AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
The cost of repairing your vehicle or replacing your vehicle can get pricey if it’s been damaged in a car accident that wasn’t your fault. However, other expenses will likely be greater and will take longer to pay off. The damages you may be legally entitled to after a car accident include:
– Immediate medical costs, from ambulance fees to doctor’s appointments and the cost of cast, crutches or any other accessory you needed after the crash.
– Future medical costs, including follow up visits with a physician, surgery, hospital stays, diagnostic tests such as X-Rays or MRIs, surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation. An experienced Pittsburgh car accident lawyer will work with your medical providers to determine what your injuries are likely to cost during your recovery, but the insurance company likely won’t.
– Loss of wages, which involves you getting paid for time missed at work after a car accident injury.
– Loss of earning potential, if your car accident injuries significantly hinder your ability to earn a living.
– Pain and suffering, if you also suffered emotional damage as a result of a car accident in Pittsburgh
– Loss of consortium or loss of companionship, if you or your spouse has been killed in a car accident or if injuries prevent you from enjoying the benefits of a marital relationship, which is protected under the law.
Speak with a Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer soon to get sound legal advice and find out the options you might have for recovering these damages. Navigating the insurance claims process can be difficult and stressful if you don’t have experience doing it, like we do.
Insurance providers will often ask you to collect information you may not know how to track down and will require you to do so within strict deadlines you may not even be aware of, but which, if not followed, could hurt your chances of having your expenses compensated after a car accident.
In addition, the insurance company may be looking for anything it can use to lower the settlement you will receive. This could include misconstruing your statements or finding you in some way responsible for the car accident when it wasn’t your fault. Some providers also have maximum payout limits, and if these aren’t enough to cover your actual costs, you need a car accident lawyer in Pittsburgh who can show you other ways you can get the compensation you deserve for your damages if you need a car accident lawyer in Philadelphia you can visit this site.